Friday, May 29, 2009

Revelations and Determination

Something I wanted to bring up here that I think is really important. My weight loss journey really started a looonnng time ago. It started waaayyyy back in 1976 when I started a new school as a 6th grader - a private school where the kids were all friends since Kindergarten. I didn't fit in. My uniform was homemade pants, and not the "cute" little pleated skirt the others wore, my hair was kind of blaahh- not blond, not a beautiful dark brown. I am pretty sure I was not a confident kid, instead carried myself as one who could be bullied - and I was. It was around this time, I decided I was fat and ugly. I wasn't fat or ugly, but I believed I was. Walking down the aisle during my wedding, I believed I was fat. (I'll scan a wedding photo soon - really, you can check it out yourself).

So, what is my point in all of this? It's that I think women (and maybe men too) don't see ourselves very clearly. We find some flaw and we (some of us) blow it out of proportion.

The challenge is how do we (I) see clearly? How can I see myself the way God sees me, the way He created me? I know He created me in His image. I know He has a plan for my life. Someone told me that I am "A daughter of The King". That makes me a Princess. Princesses are beautiful and graceful and elegant and perfect. I'm God's Princess, His Daughter. He doesn't see fat or thin He sees inside the eyes of the heart - the part of me that cries with others when they are in pain. The part of me who tears up with joy when one of my kids or their teammates do something great. The part of me who cries with my friend when she tells me how sad her husband is. The part of me who laughs at the right times too. I have been embarrassed by my tears. But that is who I am. From now on no apologies. I will cry with you, laugh with you, and often I will cry and then laugh at my silly reason for crying.
I also have responsiblity to care for the shell that God gave this soul. That's where I am now. Ready to care for the Daughter of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Feel free to leave your comments!!